Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Bee Story

by Jonathon B.

The winner might not have been me, but, those 7th-3rd graders could really spell. They spelled so well, I thought I was under a spell! The winner was Jordan, a 4th Grader from Smithfield elementary. He spelled words I didn't even know existed. I got out in the 2nd round ( Har Har Har). I forgot that affiliation started with an "a" not an "o". But there was one good thing, I was the only 8th Grade speller there. So I am the best 8th grade speller in BISD. the District bee lasted 15 long word filled rounds. Each person that was in 4th place and below got a Certificate of participation, a program from the bee, and a participation trophy. There were only 28 Spellers. Most of them, Myself included, were eliminated in the 2nd round. It lasted from 9:00am until about 11:00am. People say that the district bee is like the olympics. The reason is that we're all champions. The champions from all of the other schools. Even though they didn't win at least we gave it our best effort. I don't even care that I lost the district bee because to me it was the next best thing to the national bee. I would encourage people to watch for Jordan in the Star-Telegram State bee. Bisd's Cheering for him, are you?

No comments: